Report

8407: ONE IN EVERY SIX EU JOURNEYS MADE IN 2017 WERE BY AEROPLANE

Friday 10 May 2019
Download this report

New figures show that one in every six trips made by EU residents in 2017 was by aeroplane.

The figures from Eurostat reveal that 218 million journeys were in the air that year.

82 per cent of the journeys were for non-business reasons while the remaining 18% of air trips were for business purposes.

Tim Hayes of the European Commission office in Ireland says de-regulation of the aviation industry is bringing great benefits for EU citizens.

Interviewee: Tim Hayes | Clip duration: 0 minutes 16 seconds | Outwords: three nights abroad